KCF Technologies’ Announces SOC2 Compliance
October 27, 2022 | PRESS RELEASES
Data security has to be a priority when you process vital machine health data from the most mission-critical industries. KCF Technologies is proud to announce we are now SOC 2 Compliant – the first machine health platform to achieve this accomplishment.
This rigorous, independent assessment of our compliance validates our dedication and adherence to the highest standards to protect our customers’ sensitive data as well as our own company data.
SOC 2 Compliance is part of the Service Organization Control reporting platform, defined by the American Institute of CPAs. It intends to ensure the safety and privacy of customer data, and it cites the criteria required to maintain robust information security, which fall into five categories:
- Security: The protection of information and systems from unauthorized access.
- Availability: Demonstrating whether the infrastructure, software, and data have standards for operation, monitoring, and maintenance to keep them running. That is then gauged on whether acceptable network performance levels are maintained so that your data is available whenever you need it.
- Processing Integrity: Our systems are free from error, delay, omission, and unauthorized or accidental manipulation. A machine health platform requires a complicated system to function properly. Data flows from sensors through a mesh network of Base Stations over an Ethernet or cellular network and finally into our cloud infrastructure and our web-based app. Throughout this process, maintaining integrity is critical to ensure all your data gets to the right place, on time, every time.
- Confidentiality: It’s essential that data flowing through a business only ends up at the specified persons or organizations. Confidentiality ensures that all data is properly protected so it can’t end up in the wrong hands.
- Privacy: This speaks to an organization’s ability to safeguard personally identifiable information from unauthorized access – such as user account information.
SOC 2 compliance is determined by a technical audit from an outside party. KCF works with security and compliance automation provider Drata, whose mission is to build trust in cloud infrastructure. In addition to Drata, the software portion of our Machine Health Platform is routinely tested to ensure there are no security weaknesses in our infrastructure that would compromise customer data.
KCF’s investments in security continue to be at the forefront of the industry, ensuring the strongest infrastructure our partners deserve.
About KCF Technologies
KCF is on a mission to permanently solve the complex asset problems that have plagued industry. Our team develops technology and services that empower industrial businesses to eliminate unplanned downtime, optimize their operations, and outpace their competition through the convergence of People and Technology.
You can learn more about AICP and SOC 2 Compliance here: http://www.aicpa.org/soc4so