Our team is on a mission to transform American industry by solving critical Industry 4.0 problems through the convergence of technology and people. We develop smart, gritty solutions that tackle your toughest challenges.
KCF exists to elevate people and solve problems. We envision a world where our customers have zero injuries, zero waste, and zero asset failures.
Our industry-leading machine health optimization software, SMARTdiagnostics, helps permanently solve your asset problems by getting to the root of machine health problems. Easy-to-read analytics let you visualize the health of your critical assets and take immediate, effective action.
SENTRYsolutions is a team of engineers, vibration experts, industry specialists, and optimization professionals who will work with you to create machine health solutions that are customized to your unique operating environment.
- KCF was founded in November 2000 at Penn State University in State College, PA
- The letters KCF represent the last names of our three founders: Professor Gary Koopmann, Dr. Weicheng Chen, and Dr. Jeremy Frank
- The company has grown organically and remains private and employee-owned today
- KCF is an American company. All of the hardware, software, and services are produced in the USA
- Our exponential growth has fueled job creation of more than 1,000% in under 10 years
- KCF has received recognition and awards as a top SBIR contractor for the U.S. Department of Defense
2020 CENTRE COUNTY GREEN BUSINESS
KCF Technologies is excited to be a Centre County Green Business Partner! Our offices promote green choices by offering these resources:
- Recycling bins and compost receptacles
- Reusable cups, plates, and silverware for employees and visitors
- Water coolers promote use of multi-use bottles or cups rather than single use
- Dishwashers provided where possible to encourage washable dishware
- LED, motion-activated lighting where possible
- Monthly compensation for employees who walk, bike, or use mass transit
Click here to learn more about the CCRRA recycling resources.
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
2020 TIBBETTS AWARD
KCF received the Tibbetts Award from the Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) in 2020, highlighting creators who help push the U.S. economy into the future.
2016 SHALE GAS EH&S AWARD
KCF Technologies was presented with the 4th Annual Shale Gas Environmental, Health, & Safety (EH&S) Award by the Ben Franklin Shale Gas Innovation & Commercialization Center (SGICC).
2015 CBICC TECH COMPANY OF THE YEAR
KCF Technologies won the Chamber of Business & Industry of Centre County’s (CBICC) Technology Company of the Year Award.
2014 SGICC INNOVATION AWARD
KCF Technologies was one of four recipients of the Shale Gas Innovation and Commercialization Center’s (SGICC) Shale Gas Innovation Award, receiving $25,000.
2008 BEST OF SENSORS EXPO
KCF Technologies was awarded a Silver “Best of Sensors Expo” award in the Wireless Sensors Category for its Wireless Sensor Demonstration.
2007 MOST INNOVATIVE ACCESSORY
Videoray presented KCF with the “‘Marcus Kolb’ Most Innovative Videoray Accessory” award at the 2007 Videoray international partnership symposium for the Smart Tether.
ASSOCIATIONS & ORGANIZATIONS
Environmental, Social, and Governance Report
We’re committed to helping our customers eliminate injuries, waste, and unplanned downtime. We do this by making plants more energy-efficient, extending asset life, and putting machine health insights in the hands of reliability teams and operators whose safety is threatened by asset failure.
Download our ESG Report to learn more about how we protect people and the environment with advanced machine health technology.